Wednesday, April 14, 2004

Back to Geekery

So the motherboard arrived yesterday, a day early. I'm just glad it's over.

And it's a pretty nice Intel board. Not the fanciest out there, but quite nice. I'm just not sure what to do with it.

Apparently, Eric's bachelor party was last night. I guess he forgot to tell me, or I forgot the date, because I missed it. Ah well. He'll pay for that next time we play Half-Life.

But who am I kidding? I've been sucking it up at HL for the last couple of weeks, as Leon will attest.

I've been watching videos of HL2. It looks cool, but really hard. And I'm worried that the multiplayer stuff won't be up to the standard of the original. The videos are here:

http://www.hwhell.com/news/half-life_2_striders_and_coastline_bink_videos/

There's one sequence where the player launches an RPG and does some pretty fancy stuff with the RPG laser. Neato. He's also got a weapon that picks things up and throws them. It's a little abstract, so it's best if you watch the videos. Oh yeah, he drives around for a bit in a buggy, too.

The physics engine does seem to have had some work done on it. For instance, when automobile carcasses are fired on with heavy artillery, they move around.

I took this quiz this morning:

http://quizilla.com/users/BaalObsidian/quizzes/How%20grammatically%20sound%20are%20you%3F/

Apparently, I'm a Grammar God. You know, it's one thing when you know you're an almighty being of some sort, but it's just plain flattering when someone else recognizes it. One caveat, though: I'm a God of the Python variety, meaning the one exhibited in the Holy Grail. Well, don't look a gift deification in the mouth, I guess.

Hm. I'm out of things to write. Not so often this happens. Ok, then, that's it!

No comments: