Sunday, October 31, 2004

Blood, guts, and mexican food

Well, Friday (that's day before yesterday) was the much anticipated LAN party. While not my best performance as far as HL, I'd say that the party as a whole went reasonably well. We started out slow with just me, Jake, Leon, and our new, "special friend," Krys, who was surprisingly deadly. Eric and Stan joined us later in the evening. Sadly, dad did not join us.

As I mentioned before, this wasn't my best night. This is not to say I didn't kick some butt, however it did take a while for me to finally get my game on. The first two or three rounds were very frustrating, Jake taking the lead and holding on to it like Gollum holds on to his precious. By the time everyone was there (between 5:00-6:00), I was making my comeback. This was probably the most evenly matched party we've had here.

The food was good, but the way I understand it, a bit expensive. I think that next time we should go Chinese. Mexican doesn't always agree with me, and you don't run into many people who don't like Chinese. At any rate, it was nice to leave off of the pizza for once.

May your Glouon gun always become mine,
Jeff Wilcox

No comments: