Tuesday, September 28, 2004

Linux

Hi! For those of you who don't know me ( and I think that category is occupied entirely by Dave), I'm Jeff. I am Jake's younger brother, and thrilled to have been invited to join this Blog.

Seeing as this is a tech forum, i'll keep my posts non-fictitious. In other words, you won't hear anything from me except real life exploits.

Yesterday, I got my parent's old POS computer, with dreams of making it my Linux box. But first I either need to get Julianne's monitor and find some space for it, or wait until Friday when my KVM switch arrives. Isn't the internet wonderful? you can instantly search for, compare prices and buy anything you want, and then wait. Oh, well.

Anyway, back to the Linux box. I have had some past experience with Linux. Way back when, I had my computer dual booting Mandrake, but I decided that it was sucking too many system resources to accomodate my needs. In other words, too much stuff to put on my hard drive, something (Linux) had to get the boot.

Yup. Too many games. Too little time.

So now I'll have a seperate box just for Linux and I won't have to worry about lost space. At least until my eighty gig fills up.

No comments: