Monday, September 27, 2004

Design My Web Page!

I hereby announce a contest.

I own a domain (www.sharpenedstick.com). I have money put aside for hosting the domain. I've even done the grunt work when it comes to choosing a web host.

What I don't have is a design for my web page. I want a web page, but I don't want to design it. I've been meaning to learn how to design one for a while now, but I am busy and otherwise motivated.

So here's the deal. I have a copy of FrontPage 2003 that has never been installed on a system. It is a real, live, legal license. If you're willing to design my page, and update it from time to time, and if I like your ideas on the page's design, I WILL GIVE YOU MY COPY OF FRONTPAGE 2003. Honest. I don't need it.

I want in my webpage: A nice home page area that includes a blog. An attractive user interface that isn't cluttered and has room for blog author photos and a website logo.

An about page that gives info about the page and contributors. Don't worry about the content; just build the areas and make it easy for me to add information.

A link bar or two that give internal and external links. THIS is a good example of what I have in mind. But please don't rip off Darren Barefoot. Our design needs to be both appealing AND original.

If you prefer, I'm willing to change the prize. For instance, I'm willing to build you a PC at cost, and I'll even throw in free parts if I have any spares on hand when it's time to build. Really, I'll make it worth your while.

We'll work it out. You make a website for me that I like, and I WILL make it worth your time.

No comments: