Friday, March 04, 2005

Woah, That Jeff Guy is Posting?!

Unbelievable, I know, but hey, it's about time, wouldn't you say? At least I have tech related stuff to talk about today.

Like, for instance, my KVM, which I mentioned in a post a month or two ago. It was working great until about day before yesterday, when, all of a sudden, my mouse no longer responded. At first I wasn't concerned, because I had encountered similar problems when I first started using it. This time, however, was different. Unplugging and plugging back in didn't work. Logging out and back in didn't work. So, in a classic attempt to find the true source of the problem, I plugged in the mouse directly to my box. Suddenly I had a mouse again. Hmmm. That meant that something about the KVM didn't like my mouse or vice versa. So, I did what any rational, cash conscious techie would have done (or at least I hope they would have). I plugged in my nice M700 to my Windows box and hooked my old wireless ball mouse into the Linux box so that the KVM never has to worry about any nasty old mice again. Still, I do wish I didn't have to switch mice when I switch computers.

On an unrelated and possibly irrelevant note, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy movie is coming out 8 days after my birthday. Lately I've been reveling in the trailers (Jake introduced me to a third one today.) For more info on that, check it out here.

One final thing before signing off, I, like Jake, have created a blog for my business. At this writing, most of the intended members have not yet accepted my invites and the whole thing is rather underdeveloped, but it's there. Check it out.

No comments: