Monday, June 21, 2004

Course Correction

How about we talk about angst? Yes?

Oh, good. First off, I'm so sorry for those two last posts. What the hell was I thinking? I don't know. Sorry again.

So anyway, I got way off course, and now I intend to find the course once more and proceed with renewed vigor. Ok?

And yes, I am on new drugs. These ones seem to be working, unlike the amphetamines that my doctor prescribed. Once again, just for posterity, I'll restate that I DO NOT enjoy amphetamines. My body mostly shrugs them off.

Well, we re-arranged my house the other day. Leon came over and we worked and worked and moved crap around until he was nearly too tired to drive home. The new arrangement is meant to take advantage of my new KVM switch, which negates the need for huge amounts of more computer gear next to my computer desk. Nice.

I work on computers frequently, and usually the best place to work on them is right next to the computer that I usually use. So I used to keep a monitor, mouse, keyboard, extra desk, and so forth to the side of my main desktop PC. Thankfully, those days are over, and now we have a much better living arrangement.

My new KVM is now stationed as part of my desktop PC, and any computer that needs that kind of work can be set down next to the desktop and share its keyboard, mouse, speakers, and one if its gloriously huge monitors. I love my computer. This is gonna make my life easier.

Wanna see something cool? This guy (http://www.spcollege.edu/star/cisco/Matt/list_of_current_papers_and_brief.htm) teaches Cisco networking and was sick of students having to pay Cisco hundreds of dollars for textbooks, so he wrote his own and you can download it for free. It's a huge (5MB) Doc file. I'll Pdf it and offer it to him. Maybe he doesn't have Acrobat.

Eric called the other day and claimed that he'll soon have net access at home. He also alleged that at such time he will resume posting in this forum. That'll be a good thing, in case you were wondering. It is a little flattering, though, that he's posted here more recently that he has at his own Garden of the Blind.

I'm supposed to do homework right now. I've got a math test tomorrow and a Microbiology test on Thursday. And an English test...well, sometime. I'll have to read the syllabus at some point.

Every day my urge to go out and light some dazzling fireworks gets stronger. Random neighbors have been setting off bottle rockets and firecrackers at odd times. They've got the bug too. I don't know what I'll do, but I don't think I can hold out that much longer. Fate knows me far too well.

No comments: