Thursday, August 05, 2004

Life is Life

I may have been dead for a while but I believe in resurrection. Though it may take a while to get the blood moving.

I recently purchased another video game at the suggestion of a friend (Jake). It is called far cry and is a first person shooter that pushes the limits of my vid-card witch I find is happening more and more often as late. I had a desire for a new game that we could play at our LAN parties but I am afraid that this one will not cut it for the following reasons.

  1. The graphics are great in fact they are to good and can’t be run on all the computers when we get together for a party. People would be excluded.
  2. I believe the same problem exists for the processors.
  3. The maps are huge, massive, I mean phenomenally big. Our regular 5 to 8 players would run into each other about once every 10 min. This is only if everyone constantly moves. I personally like to be a sniper witch means that I find a good spot and take a few kills then move to the next one. The game seams to reward this tactic in single player, but in multi player it would just be a lot of sitting around waiting.
  4. The game has the ability to create your own maps but I do not like putting that much effort into a single level.

Next up on the things I have been doing is getting ready for my next vacation. I do not take vacations often and when I do they are not extravagant. This may be because I like money and vacations don’t make money as often as take money from your wallet. But what is the point of having a little money if you cant make life good for yourself every now and again. Well now I am ready to go to park city stay in a hotel and enjoy some time away from home and work. For the last 3 days I have been receiving phone calls from the registration office for this trip because they had no record of payment. Good job guys. Well they found my receipt yesterday and called to say they had it. It was good timing because I had just picked up the phone to call Jake to see if he wanted to make a trip back up there to show them my copy of payment. So now all is dandy once again. It is kind of strange my life only gets complicated and interesting when Jake gets involved, well that is what good friends are for.

No comments: