Monday, February 13, 2006

Phischkneght New Year's LAN Party, 2006


We are go.

The annual Phischkneght New Year's LAN Party for 2006 will be on the 20th of February 2006 (obviously), and it will be at...Lady Fitness in Layton. Ok, ok, not really, but it will be in the same building that Lady Fitness in Layton is in.

I know that you're almost certainly not a lady, and almost as certainly not fit, so yes, I will direct you to said Lady Fitness.

First, let's start with this: Do you know where Target in Layton is? You do? Excellent! Aren't you such a smart LAN party participant? Yes you are. So there is a road behind Target. Directly behind, as in 'on the opposite side of the building from the front doors'. The Lady Fitness building is across that street from Target.

Or, if you're a little more Antelope-centrically thinking, Lady Fitness is behind the Fazoli's in Layton. If you pull into the Fazoli's parking lot and drive past Fazoli's, then you're at the Lady Fitness building.

You say you're a visual learner? Fine, here's a Google hybrid map of the building and immediate area. The pin on this map is between the backside of Target and Lady Fitness. If you zoom way into the map, you'll see that there is a single, lonely car in the building's south lot. THIS IS WHERE YOU SHOULD PARK, because the door you'll be entering through is on that side of the building. It's the only door on that side of the building. But please do park properly in a parking space, unlike the car in the photo.

(Sorry about the tone above. It's not for you. I respect your intellect. It's for Andrew.)

Please show up at about 1:00 PM, and plan on leaving as late as 11:00 PM. If you show up a little early, or a little late, it's no big deal.

GOOD NEWS!!! This LAN party will feature NO COVER CHARGE, and that price includes a meal, the company of some nice folks, and an internet connection for the duration of the party. Probably.

On the other hand, if you'd like to attend, you MUST BE INVITED. No exceptions. If you're not invited, we're very sorry, but you simply won't be able to make this one. If you are invited, then your name will appear below. Come to think of it, I'll have to remember to invite myself and Leon.

Guest List:

Jake Wilcox (whew, I remembered)
Leon Walker
Jeff Wilcox
Mark Wilcox
Krys Johnson
Stan Wilcox
Mike Cook
Eric Widdison
Brent Chase
Gary Walker
Andrew Walker

**This list will almost certainly change over the next couple of days. See here for updates.

Edit 1: Scott can't make it. His daughter has a birthday and he won't accept the kindness of strangers.

We are asking all attendees to please bring a power strip and a network cable. If you have a spare switch, or one that you can borrow for the duration of the party, please bring it to use. Please do not bring any routers. They cause problems. Just bring a switch if you can, or a hub if you really feel like it. But probably not the hub, too. Just a switch. And a power strip, and a network cable. And your PC, and whatever peripherals you'd like to use with it. Just that. And yourself. But you get the idea. Oh yeah, one more thing...if you want sound, bring headphones. Speakers will not be allowed, as music will be provided.

Plan on having one meal at the party. We are having Greek chicken souvlaki and gyros, and there will definitely be enough for everyone to have one meal. If there's more food after that, then that's great. If we run out of food and we want dinner, Fazoli's and other establishments are close by. And if you're not fond of Greek, you're welcome to bring something of your own.

If your name is on the list above, please RSVP for the party by creating a comment to this post. If you do not RSVP by Friday the 17th, we will assume you're not coming, and your invitation is void. Excluding Leon, Jake and Mike.

Finally, we would like to sincerely thank Comstar Internet Services for sponsoring this LAN party (They're providing the location, internet service, and food). Comstar has not asked for mentions, ads, banners, or any promotion at all in exchange for sponsoring the party. The mention, link above, and logo above are Phischkneght's way of saying thank you. We really do appreciate it.

12 comments:

Jake said...

I know I exempted myself from RSVPing, but I figured I would anyway, just to show how easy it is.

For the record, I'm planning on attending. In case you hadn't worked that out already.

Jeff said...

No way I'd miss this.

BTW, any update on what games we will be playing? I hear Krys is working on Blackthorn, but I haven't heard anything else.

Anonymous said...

Leave it to me to post a comment at the last minute. But by the look of things, I'm one of the few who are RSVPing. I'll be late, but I'll be there. Not everyone gets to have federal holidays off. I'll be working until 4:00 on Monday.

Eric said...

I plan to be there. Let's see how this all works.

Leon Walker said...

I have been made exempt from this as you know but aint it a comfort to know I’ll be there to kick you butts, and provide other services.

Jake said...

Leon and I are springing for the drinks. DP, probably some Sprite, and what else?

Jake said...

Heh, I read your question and answered it before you posted it, according to the time stamps. Go figger.

Eric said...

I just had a thought. What will the drink situation be? Can we bring some? Beverages have always been an important factor in previous parties, and I'd hate to see that go away.

Jake said...

HAH! Again!

Anonymous said...

I'm in

-Andrew Walker

Anonymous said...

I am honored to be invited.
I will come for a while and enjoy the party. Thanks, Mark.

Anonymous said...

I am honored to be invited. I will be happy to come for a while and enjoy the party. Thanks,Mark.