The following are LAN party addendum:
1. We are encouraging you to bring your own comfy chair. Not a couch, not a loveseat, not a sofa, but a chair. If it's an office chair that fits through doors easily, then that's great. Bring it. We think we'll have enough tables, but we're pretty sure there will not be enough folding chairs for everyone. My butt always hurts after using a folding chair for not too long, so I'm bringing my nice chair. I strongly encourage you to do the same.
2. Leon and I will buy drinks either this weekend or on Monday. Doesn't really matter. What does matter is that you post a comment here right away if you have a strong preference. We will seriously consider all comments, but not after we've already bought the drinks.
3. Plan on playing Half-Life 1 and Motocross Madness 2 at least. We will have a machine that will run an SNES emulator for Mortal Kombat/Mario/2-Player NES games and controllers. We will have a TV and DVD player. We will have music. We will have food. But mostly, we will have a great time. Oh, yeah...there will be prizes. For what? For whatever I decide to give out prizes!...for. (Should the final "for" be there? I couldn't decide.)
4. There may be some geeky challenges to have fun with. What does that mean? I don't know yet. But brush up on your 1337 5k1llz, if you have any. Or we may just find a HL1 map that everyone likes a lot and play the heck out of it.
5. Bring CounterStrike, or BlueKnuckle, (what was it called again, Krys?) or whatever. Play. Have fun. I don't care. If you can find others who want to play too, then go ahead.
6. We are not grounded. Field trips are a definite possibility. I've done everything I can to make sure that we don't HAVE to leave if we don't want to. But Target is next door, several restaurants are close by, and Barnes and Noble has hot chocolate.
Finally, consider this an RFC RE the LAN PARTY. Comment here on movies to bring, drinks, games, prizes, geek challenges, dinner, field trips, chairs, or the lack of moral terpitude required to pull this sort of thing off. Maybe not that last one. You have your orders. OH, one last thing...CALL ME if you know someone who hasn't RSVP'd and still wants to come to the party. It's possible we can work it out.