Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Conversations with Eric, Part 1

Me: BTW, when my birthday comes, I know what I want from you...
Eric: Okay, but I'll have to start saving up. Cruise missles are a little pricey these days.
Me: I want a complete set of Fibonaccis...all the way to the end. I've had an incomplete set for ages now. But now I want them all.
Very inexpensive.
I already have 1, 2, 3, 5, and on for 1,000 or so.
8, 13, 21, 34, 55, ...
89, 144, 233, 377, 610...
Eric: Wow, I can't even give you the hope of a full set of them. Machine precision starts to fail us pretty quickly.
Me: But now I want the rest.
Don't let me down here, Eric.

(I'm getting the sense that petulance doesn't become me.)

1 comment:

Eric said...

I must say that I originally balked at Jake's request, but I think that it may be possible. At least, it should be possible to get him numbers as big as his computer can hold. At some point, the numbers get large enough that his machine won't have the memory to contain them, at which point he is on his own.